October 28, 2020 Nehemiah Zion
The carnal and spiritual believers, are two types of Christians that exist in the church. If you are wondering why church is a mess and so many problems exist within the church, here is an answer.
Who is a carnal christian?
They are spiritually dead and is of the world. Their end is death. (Romans 8:6). I want to share 5 traits that help identify the carnal christian.
- Their mind goes against God’s word. Their thoughts and lifestyles do not bear fruit for the glory of God. It’s not possible for them to come under the subjection of the Word of God. (Romans 8:7)
- There is always jealousy, and infighting in their hearts. They are impulsive and easily given to sin. (1 Corinthians 3:3)
- They love preachers rather than the person of Christ. They are biased in their approach. Love men of God more than God Himself. (1 Corinthians 3:4)
- Their weapons are carnal and not spiritual (2 Corinthians 10:4). They consider humans as the enemy and not Satan and his kingdom.
- They walk in the traditions of man rather than the perfect word of God. Still babes, unskilled in their christian walk (Hebrews 5:13).
Are you a carnal christian or a spiritual? So many well-meaning believers leave the church because of the behaviour of carnal christians among them.
Young musicians who’ve led music seem to suddenly fall out of faith. Nothing is sudden in life. We reap what we sow in ourselves. When we abide in Jesus we bear good fruit, otherwise it will be bad fruit (John 15:1-7).
Even spiritual believers often reveal carnal traits when they face persecution. Neglecting areas of our lives that need attention will cause us to fall back into the carnal state.
Examine your life today! Search your heart and mind in the presence of God. Let the Holy Spirit reveal to you, personally. Maranatha, Praise God and Amen.