by Nehemiah Hephzibah on July 16, 2021
Don’t forget to pray for yourself, as you continue to cry out for the world.
Isn’t it wonderful that when we, as believers, get down to pray, God makes Himself present? We get to be before the Creator of the heavens and the earth!
How to pray? In humility, acknowledging our sins and shortcomings. Thanking God for His awesomeness till date.
What to pray for?
Then I proclaimed a fast there, at the river of Ahava, that we might afflict ourselves before our God, to seek of him a right way for us, and for our little ones, and for all our substance. (Ezra 8:21)
1. … for direction (will of God)
2. … for the children of God (body of Christ)
3. … for riches (heavenly)
We need to pray for ourselves and our fellow brothers and sisters in Christ with a broken heart and a contrite spirit. (Psalms 34:6) (Luke 18:11) (1 Samuel 7:6)
Seek the riches of Heaven when you pray for yourself
Here are a few..
1. Grow in Faith, in walk (Jude 1:3) (2 Corinthians 13:5)
2. Love like Jesus in a time when love is waxing cold (Romans 5:5) (Matthew 24:12)
3. Live in the holiness of the Lord, free from filthiness of the flesh and spirit (Malachi 2:11) (2 Corinthians 7:1)
4. Hope is an anchor (Hebrews 6:19). We have a lively hope by the resurrection of Christ Jesus (1 Peter 1:3).
5. Confidence and Patience (Judges 16:17-19) (Hebrews 10:35,36)
6. Desire to do God’s will despite the lack of strength. (Luke 22:42-44) How Jesus prayed. (Psalms 55:17)(Psalms 119:164)
Feel free to add your points in the comments section. What are some of the more pressing points you are stirred to seek for in prayer?
God is reviving hearts and minds for His coming in these last days. Raising up a. new generation that thrives on prayer and meditating on the word of God.
In a time like this, where sin is increasing, let’s amp up our prayer lives to be ready for the coming of the Lord. Praise God and Amen.