September 6, 2019 hepsibahgarden
The angel of the Lord encampeth round about them that fear him, and delivereth them.
O taste and see that the Lord is good: blessed is the man that trusteth in him. Psalms 34:7-8
God led the Israelites throughout their wilderness journey as a Pillar of Cloud by day and a Pillar of Fire by night. (Note: These people once had to endure the hard bondage of slavery in Egypt, under the cruel regime of Pharoah, for 400 years); However their desperate cry for help was not in vain. God heard them and sent His man Moses — thus began the great journey of deliverance of the Israelites to the Promised Land of Canaan.
By His mighty and ever out-stretched Arms, performing mighty wonders and miracles before Pharaoh and his kingdom, God wonderfully brought His people out. As they entered the wilderness, the Pillar of Cloud always hovered above them. They halted when the cloud halted and kept moving when the cloud moved. In short, when God is with His people, the journey is never difficult.
For Christian Life to be a happy and joyous onward journey, we need to have God’s presence with us without fail, every day. This was King David’s confession of enjoying His Presence around him wherever he went. He kept winning and won great victories. The Lord leads us by sending the Angel of His Presence till we reach our destination.
THERE ARE 7 BLESSINGS OF HAVING GOD’S PRESENCE WITH US:
1. Problems that are like mountains melt away like wax when His Presence is with us. Psalms 97:5. A stony heart ceases to remain as it is where God is present. When the sinner woman in the city got to know that Jesus was in a house nearby, she ran to him and began wiping his feet with her hair. She shed tears and anointed His feet. She was delivered of her sinful life.
2. We receive God’s counsel for our daily life when His Presence is with us. Moses got the 10 commandments in the presence of the Lord. In the New Testament those 10 were made into 2 (laws of love). God’s laws and counsels are of love and not grievous.
3. We receive daily bread from God’s Presence. In the Tabernacle, every Sabbath the priests had to layout 12 shewbread on the Table. These bread refers to the apostolic truths and doctrines (strong meat) which we need to eat and abide by. The weak cannot have strong meat nor can they survive on milk alone.
4. We get life and are revived by having God’s Presence with us. Numbers 17:1-8. Aaron’s rod budded and flowered and brought forth almonds, when it was kept in the Presence of God. It was a normal rod before, but staying in His Presence brought the difference.
5. In His Presence there is fullness of joy. Psalms 16:11. There is life and peace as well.
6. His Presence preserves us. Psalms 31:20. Those having a life of prayer and praising are upheld in His Presence and are saved from the schemes of the enemy.
7. His Presence makes us ready to get to the Most Holy Place. This place is The Holiest of holies in the Tabernacle, and God’s dwelling place inEternity. David says he pants for presenting himself before God like the deer pants for the water brooks. Psalms 42:1.
May the Lord help us to desire His Presence in our lives always and enjoy these blessings being there.
Be blessed 💕